Please see below for information about and links to my major writing projects. For a more comprehensive account of my academic writing, as well as papers and presentations given, please visit my Academia.edu profile.
Ph.D. dissertation, Yale University, 2015.
GLQ: A Journal of Gay and Lesbian Studies 16, no. 3 (2010): 389-427. DOI 10.1215/10642684-2009-036.
In 2010-2011, I blogged here about my research, contemporary politics and culture, LGBT issues, and other topics related to my academic interests. Here are some highlights (or, click for the full archive):
- Some reflections on following the AHA on Twitter (January 10, 2011)
- The color of Scouting during World War II (September 1, 2010)
- When country music, regional resentment, and gender politics collide (August 22, 2010)
- Tough questions (June 9, 2010)
- ‘Colorful administrations’ (May 6, 2010)
I have also contributed guest posts elsewhere:
- “Observing this Memorial Day,” Harvard University Press Blog (May 24, 2013)
- “Boy Scouts in America: Or, Scrutiny in the Archive,” guest post at The Lazy Scholar (September 1, 2010)
- “Divided States #3: Connecticut Connections,” guest post at The Lazy Scholar (July 28, 2010)